St. Paul's Lutheran Kindergarten offer a caring and welcoming community where children freely engage and grow through play based learning in a child safe environment. We are part of the Lutheran Church of Australia, and are guided by Christian values of kindness, empathy, understanding, forgiveness, acceptance and respect.
We believe that play is essential to a child’s wellbeing, development and learning. We value the voice of the children, along with their families, and encourage their contribution to our programs.
Our educators recognise and respect each child, their needs and interests, allowing them to learn and develop at their own pace. We hold a shared vision to provide opportunities for children to establish meaningful relationships, to encourage playfulness and to support social and emotional development. We understand that engagement, taking risks, persistence and repetition are important for growth, resilience and empowerment.
We acknowledge wellbeing is enriched, uncovered and discovered in the outdoors and within our Australian environment. We recognise and respect the Wadawurrung people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we learn and play. We are committed to expanding our connection and understanding of local First Nations Peoples.
St Paul's Lutheran Kindergarten is committed to the ongoing safety and wellbeing of all children. Our kindergarten is respectful and inclusive of all cultures and beliefs and we welcome everyone to become part of and share in our community.
This philosophy was produced in collaboration with the St Paul's community including – our staff team, the Community Advisory Group, LEVNT (approved provider), parents and families, St Paul's Church members.
4 YEAR OLD BUSH KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM
Bush Kinder is an integral part of our program.
We are excited to be able to offer this opportunity to our kindergarten community as we feel the benefits to the children will be significantly helpful to their future education and in all aspects of their development.
- At Bush Kinder there are no toys, tools or art supplies. The Bush Kinder experience enables children to play with whatever nature has provided, and leaving only a footprint behind!
- Children spend long and regular periods of time in unstructured or semi-structured play in natural environments
- Children experience the daily and seasonal fluctuations in weather and seasons
Current research on children who regularly play in outdoor natural settings has concluded that they have:
- Increased confidence, motivation, concentration and resilience
- Increased social, physical and language skills
- Deeper conceptual understanding and respect for the natural environment
- Mud, sand, water, leaves, sticks etc. can stimulate children’s immune systems making them sick less often.
- Children are more resistant to stress, have lower incidence of behavioural disorders, anxiety and depression, and have a higher measure of self-worth.
- Bush Kinder deepens children’s understanding of community and where they fit in and offers Encourages a well-connected, cohesive community that is environmentally aware.
AFTER KINDER CARE
St Paul's is pleased to offer After Kinder Care (AKC) for children accessing four year old kindergarten to allow for working parents to have extended hours of care for their child. This will be a combined group of children whose families wish to access this service at the end of the childs kinder session.
St Paul's has a team of educators, made up of qualified Early Childhood Teachers, qualified Early Years Assistants and a qualified Service Leader, that have many years of experience in the kindergarten sector and are dedicated to providing quality education for 3-5 year old children.
Our educators work cohesively with each other and all share similar approaches to the education of the children in their care, this gives the children a sense of security throughout their kinder journey.
All educators are warm and caring in their approach and have a genuine passion for early childhood education.
St Paul's Lutheran Church is committed to the success of our kindergarten and provide members for our management committee who are dedicated and diligent in their jobs. Parents who choose to be part of our management committee also have a strong focus on the success of our kindergarten both now and in the future.